Last modified: January 13, 2020
We are committed to the privacy of our visitors. We collect no personal information about you when you visit our website unless you provide that information to us. We will not make material changes to this Policy without posting an additional notice on our homepage. We (collectively the “Practice”, “We” or “Us”) respect your privacy and the Practice is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit this website (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
Information We Collect
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website
- In e-mail, text, phone and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- On our secure patient portal
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information You Voluntarily Provide
We do not collect personally identifiable information unless you provide it to us, such as by sending an e-mail or by filling out a form and submitting it through our Web site or patient portal. We use that information only to respond to your message and to help us provide you with the information and services that you request. When you click the “Submit” button on any of the forms found on our site, you are indicating voluntary consent to our use of the information you submit for the stated purpose. We do not collect or use information for commercial marketing unless you are a member of our organization and have not opted out from receiving e-mails and offers.
Information you voluntarily provide to us may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or patient portal. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial and personal information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
If you only browse our website or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically through automatic data collection technologies. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store the internet domain, your IP (Internet protocol) address, your browser and operating system, the date and time, which pages you visit and whether you linked to us from another website. We use this information to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We also provide this same information to third parties who help us create statistics of visitor usage so we can improve our website.
Automatically collected information may include:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Trackable telephone numbers which keep track of phone calls made to some phone numbers on this site
- Offline website data – including both local and remote storage of activities
- Geo-targeting information about your location at the time of use of the site.
We do not collect personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Use and Disclosure of Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present and improve our Website and its contents for you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Practice’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our Practice, our patients or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Links to Other Sites
Our site may also have public areas such as message boards/blogs, etc. Please remember that any information you share in these areas becomes public, so you should be careful about what you disclose.
This site takes reasonable steps to protect personally identifiable information as you transmit it to our site and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from this site may not be secure.
We have adopted and adhere to stringent security standards designed to protect non-public personal information at wpplasticsurgery.com against accidental or unauthorized access or disclosure. We are committed to being HIPAA compliant and ensuring that our Business Associates meet the same standards. We also review Business Associates privacy and security policies on a regular basis. We endeavor to protect the privacy of your Account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write us or call us based on the contact information and address found in the Website.
Children under 18
Our Site and Services are not intended to be used by children under 18 years old. You represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age. If you are under age 18, you may not use the Site or Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from, or target our Site or Services to, children under the age 18. We understand that there may be exceptions to this rule including, but not limited to, children who are emancipated. If we discover that the Site is being used inappropriately, we may disable the user ID so that the individual may no longer access our Site.
The information (including, without limitation, advice and recommendations) and services on wpplasticsurgery.com are intended solely as a general educational aid and are neither medical nor healthcare advice for any individual problem nor a substitute for medical or other professional advice and services from a qualified healthcare provider familiar with your unique facts. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider regarding any medical condition and before starting any new treatment. Nothing contained in the web site is intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment. The information and services are provided with the understanding that neither Scott A. Greenberg, MD, PA nor its users are engaged in rendering legal, medical, counseling, or other professional services or advice. Your use of the site is subject to the additional disclaimers and caveats that may appear throughout the web site. Scott A. Greenberg, MD, PA and its agents assume no responsibility for any consequence relating directly or indirectly to any action or inaction you take based on the information, services, email or message board interactions, or other material on the web site. While Scott A. Greenberg, MD, PA strives to keep the information on the web site accurate, complete, and up-to-date, Scott A. Greenberg, MD, PA cannot guarantee, and will not be responsible for, any damage or loss related to the accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of the information.
Before & After photographs shown on this site are actual patients treated by Dr. Greenberg or his staff who have given permission to have their photos published. They are for illustrative purposes only. Individual results vary. Some images may contain models but all before and after photos are actual patients. Outcomes are not guaranteed and no prediction of outcome is implied. Individual healing characteristics and unexpected complications can affect the outcome of any surgery.