Plastic Surgery for Men
The popular conception has always been that cosmetic surgery was for women. However, the truth of the matter is that men can also benefit from cosmetic surgery. More and more men are considering cosmetic surgery as an option to address specific areas of concern including the eyes, brow, face and neck, nose, chest, and trunk.
Dr. Greenberg also understands the differences between what women and men want regarding the types of results they are looking for after cosmetic procedures.
As men have become increasingly aware of their appearance, they are dieting and going to the gym in record numbers, but unfortunately, that is often not enough. The medical community now believes that as much as 80% of our appearance is determined by genetics rather than by behavioral factors. This means that no matter how much you work out, there will be some areas of your body that simply cannot be improved.
Many of them can be addressed directly with cosmetic surgery:
- Male breasts (gynecomastia) can be contoured with chest contouring and gynecomastia surgery
- Beer gut can be corrected with liposuction and/or a tummy tuck
- Large or droopy buttocks can be corrected with a thigh/buttock lift
- Excess fat in the neck can be removed with liposuction
Those who are able to accomplish massive weight loss will also probably be interested in body contouring after weight loss.
Facial procedures are also often a good choice for men looking to improve their appearance. Options include:
- Eyelid surgery to correct excess/sagging skin over the eyes
- Ear surgery to correct ears that protrude away from the head
- Face lift/neck lift to correct sagging muscles and fat and wrinkled, loose skin
- Nasal surgery to correct a large or poorly-shaped nose
- Chin augmentation to give you the strong chin that enhances your profile
Finally, there are a number of problems that we face as we age that can be corrected through less invasive procedures, some of them specifically masculine problems:
- BOTOX injections or a brow lift for wrinkles in the forehead
- Soft tissue fillers to correct wrinkles and sunken areas in the face
- HydraFacialMD to help your skin rejuvenate itself
- Microneedling to help with acne scarring
Schedule a Consultation with our Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Plastic surgery can change your body and transform your life. Dr. Greenberg can help you decide if it may be right for you. Call 407-644-3137 to schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Greenberg. We proudly serve patients in Orlando, Winter Park, Union Park, Oviedo, and nearby Central Florida.
*Individual results may vary