Lip augmentation procedures are becoming increasingly popular. Plump lips can make you appear more youthful, while shapely lips can help balance out your facial features. Whatever your personal reasons are for wanting to enhance your lips, it is important to understand all of the options available to you.
Establishing Your Goals for Lip Enhancement
Lip augmentation procedures were once primarily used to combat signs of aging such as thinning lips and fine, vertical wrinkles around the mouth. Now, these procedures are also gaining popularity with younger age groups. This is because of their ability to achieve the defined, voluminous lips that are currently so sought after.
During your consultation, our board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Greenberg will discuss your goals and help decide what treatment is best for you. You should consider:
- how subtle or dramatic you want your results to be
- what concerns you are trying to address
- what shape you desire
- how long you want your results to last
Injectable Lip Fillers
At Lakemont Plastic Surgery& Laser Center, we offer a variety of options for your lip enhancement procedure. Injectable lip fillers are the by far the most popular method. They are administered in our office and the entire process takes 15 – 20 minutes.
Lip fillers are not permanent and can be used to create subtle or pronounced changes depending on your goals. They can be used to alter the size, symmetry, and shape of your lips. We have several filler options including:
- Fatty tissue: This is taken from an area of your body such as the inner thighs and then injected into your lips. A lip augmentation may be longer lasting through this method as a percentage of the fat has the potential to be accepted by the area.
- Hyaluronic acid products: Restylane and Juvéderm are both injectables that share a base material of hyaluronic acid. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in our skin that attracts and holds water to maintain volume. These injectables offer highly customizable results.
After your initial treatment, you have the option to pursue follow up injections that will help you maximize the longevity of your results.
Additional options such as lip implants are available and can be discussed with Dr. Greenberg during your consultation. These often offer more permanent results.
Schedule Your Consultation with our Orlando Plastic Surgeon
To find out more about lip augmentation, please call 407-644-3137 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Greenberg. We proudly serve patients in Orlando, Winter Park, Union Park, Oviedo, and nearby Central Florida.