Springtime in the Orlando area means the temps are heating up and the rainy season is soon to come. Humidity is rising. So what can you do to revamp your skin care routine for spring? Here are a few tips:
- Encourage cell turnover: Whisk away the dead skin cells to encourage a rejuvenated, vibrant look. Use an exfoliating cleanser 1-3 times a week. Microdermabrasion is a great way to remove the surface layer of dead, polluted skin cells and to stimulate blood flow to the outer layer of skin.
- Use a lighter moisturizer: Because springtime in Florida is not as dry as the winter, you don’t need the same heavy moisturizers. Lighter moisturizers will prevent clogged pores and breakouts.
- Cleanse gently: Oil production will increase as the climate gets hotter and more humid. Consider using a gentle cleanser that is designed to reduce oil. But you may want to use this only a few times a week – be careful not to strip your skin of protective oils.
- Peel away impurities: A chemical peel reveals radiant, fresh skin. Our experienced aesthetician can help you choose a peel tailored to your skin.
- Protect your skin from springtime rays: SPF protection is important all year-round. Remember to use an SPF-rated moisturizer or sunscreen if you plan to be outside for an extended amount of time.
And as always, taking care of your body affects the appearance of your skin. Remember to eat antioxidant-rich foods (vegetables, fruit, leafy greens, nuts, seeds), get 7-9 hours of sleep each night and exercise regularly.
Want to find out how we can tailor skin care services to your needs and goals? Please schedule a consultation at our Winter Park practice to learn more. Arrange your appointment today by calling Winter Park Plastic Surgery & Laser Center at 407-644-3137.