You may have heard that it’s possible to combine a breast lift with breast augmentation – but should you?
The truth is that if you just want to increase your bust size – and you don’t have drooping or sagging issues – you don’t need to combine a breast lift with your augmentation.
But what happens if you think you might want to? What are the signs you should combine a breast lift and augmentation?
Signs You May Want a Breast Lift and an Augmentation
Now that you know you don’t always need to combine a breast lift and a breast augmentation, how do you know if you should? Take a look:
- If you want to increase the size of your bust and get a perkier look, combining these procedures could be the best option for you.
- If you’ve lost considerable volume as a result of weight loss, pregnancy, or breastfeeding, a breast lift and augmentation could help you feel more confident about your breasts again.
Ultimately, the best way to determine if you need to combine a breast lift with a breast augmentation is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.
What to Expect From Your Procedure
If you’re opting to combine a breast lift with a breast augmentation, here’s what you can expect from your procedure:
- Your plastic surgeon will begin by making incisions underneath the breast and around the areola. These incisions allow your plastic surgeon to place your implants, as well as reposition breast tissue to provide a more lifted appearance.
- Once the implants have been placed in the chest, your plastic surgeon will reposition the nipple and areola so that it has a more youthful and perkier appearance. Your surgeon may also rearrange breast tissue and remove excess skin to better support your new look.
- At the end of the surgery, your incisions are closed and you’re transitioned to the post-op recovery area, where you’ll gently awake from your procedure.
Your plastic surgeon can provide you with a detailed recovery plan that can help ensure you’re happy with your results.
Take the Next Step
Want to learn more about combing a breast lift with a breast augmentation? Schedule a consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Scott A. Greenberg at Winter Park Plastic Surgery & Laser Center in Winter Park, FL (serving the Central Florida area). (407) 499-8603