VASER is an acronym for Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance. This is a unique technology using ultrasound to assist in liposuction (UAL). The surgeon uses tools called probes to direct ultrasound waves of energy through the fatty tissues to emulsify them before being suctioned away.
What are the advantages of VASER over traditional suction-assisted liposuction (SAL) or laser lipo (SMARTLipo/SLIMLipo)?
The VASER Lipo Difference
- VASER LIPOSELECTION® can be done under local anesthesia for small areas. Large areas may require general anesthesia.
- FASTER RECOVERY TIME. The ultrasound waves specifically target fat leaving the surrounding tissues relatively undisturbed. There is less swelling, bruising and discomfort and return to normal activities is many times quicker than in traditional liposuction procedures.
- LIPOSELECTION VS. LIPOSUCTION. Traditional liposuction is designed to debulk large areas. VASER LIPOSELECTION® is designed to sculpt fatty tissues for more specific contouring and definition of body areas.
- ENHANCED RESULTS. VASER technology not only allows for superior sculpting of fatty tissues but the ultrasound technology provides for better skin retraction giving enhanced definition to the contours created by the surgeon.
- FAT RE-INJECTION/GRAFTING. VASER technology allows fat cells removed to remain intact, providing excellent material for injecting to further improve the contour anywhere in the body, including the face and lower extremities. This is different than laser liposuction (SmartLipo/ SlimLipo) or traditional suction-assisted lipectomy (SAL) where fat cells are lysed or destroyed. Evidence shows that a significant portion of this VASER-harvested, re-injected fat may be retained long term.